Sunday, April 04, 2010

short but not necessarily sweet

First the good note: HAPPY EASTER


Now the not so good note:
This one is short its one I don't necessarily want to write either.
My dad is dying. Here in my home.
my dad is 91 so he has had a good long life.
yet I don't want him to go.
I love my dad despite all the things "bad" that hes done to me.
He has made me strong. He has made me a fighter. He has given me a soft heart. And he has in his own way given me love.
Dad showed me how to be a carpenter I can go out and hit the nail on the head and not my fingers although I have done that time to time
dad tried to show me how to work on cars so I could fix my own......I can change a tire, check the oil and add if needed but thats about it now since most cars now a days have computer chips in them.
Dad showed me what the value of old things could be if kept nice Dont throw nothing away.
Dad taught me to drive and eat a piece of fried chicken with out ending up in a ditch or hitting someone else. (i'll tell you that story later)
dad is dad! everyone has one somewhere. Either in their lives or not they do have a dad. And its a possiblity their dad has passed too.
In my head I know its time. But in heart I want my daddy to stay a while longer.

1 comment:

Walker said...

Its hard letting go something thats part of you especially when you know its forever.

Powered By Blogger