Saturday, October 14, 2006

What I learned at a early age

I became a grandma at the young age of 41. I always thought it would be our oldest son,but instead it was our daughter who is our middle child. after our grandson was born I wanted to do all kinds of things. Sing was one but oh my I cant sing. But I learned right away the baby didnt care how I sang just as long as I did. I sang all of the every day ones. "Twinkle Twinkle Little Star", "Rock aBye Baby", "Hush Little Baby", Coming Around the Mountain". After going through all the songs I knew I made up some. The grandkids favorite song that I made up is the grandma loves you song. When I sing that their heads are nodding along cause they know its true. It's a simple song and I sing it to the tune of are you sleeping.
So my advise to anyone who has grandkids or will have grandkids is sing. Who cares if you can't carry a tune? The babies love hearing your voice reguardless of how you think you sound. And if you really think your bad if you sing softly(like a whisper) then it makes it all the more cosier for them to fall asleep.

No comments:

Powered By Blogger