Saturday, February 02, 2013

Shocker

Well, its been a few days. I've had a few things going on. Back at the beginning of Jan (very first weekend in fact) I had to go to the ER. I knew I had a bladder infection but got a shock to learn I also had kidney infection. After I took all my meds I was have several great days so great I actually was able to stand up and do dishes a couple of times. Then we went out one night for dinner just the two of us and during dinner I needed to go to the restroom so I started to get up and go and BOOM I fell flat on the floor. and it take several tries to get me up. I then wobble my way to the restroom go and start back but cant walk all the way to our table. I'm in such bad pain......I thought kidneys because that seemed to be where the pain was. So we go home drop off groceries and find grandson and go to ER again. THIS IS NOT HOW I WANT TO START OUT MY NEW YEAR! They did urine, blood tests and then a CT. all came back ok, the Doctor on call told me it was spasms. And they were caused by me when I over did the days I felt good. So he gave me some pain pills and sent me off home. When I was in ER they gave me Morphine to take the edge off the pain so that they could do the tests. Well it made me goofy and really yucky. I went to bed fell asleep only to wake up and run to the bathroom to be very sick. I was up rest of the night sick. Then I slept the rest of the day. and most of the next night. They wanted me to go see my own doctor 3 days after I had been in ER and I said well that's good cause I had an appointment that Friday morning. Well Friday morning came and I went into see my doctor. and WOW I had some more surprises in store for me. First they weighed me, I never look so I didn't see what it was. SO when my doctor started to questioning me over it I was like WHAT? are you sure? So when I was done with my exam we redid my weight and YES she was right I went from about 242 down to 213! Now while that doesn't seem like a lot to you for me it is. I can't exercise like everyone else can, I 'm not really mobile at all so to actually loose weight well that is great. The other thing that was a super big SURPRISE was my blood pressure. it had been in the 100's both top and bottom numbers sometimes the top number hitting over 200's. well Friday she noted that all three of my visits were normal not high at all. YES!!!! I finally am doing stuff right. SO I AM VERY HAPPY. I will keep eating the good stuff I have been cutting way back on the sweets (I pretty much stopped eating donuts) I am drinking only one can of soda a day and hoping to stop all together. AND I'm drinking more water than ever before.

No comments:

Powered By Blogger