Wednesday, April 23, 2014

May can't come fast enough

Ya know I'm getting sick of this damn cold weather and now they are talking snow again? Come-on it's April for god's sakes let it go lets have spring.
Well any ways I hope May gets here soon as we have a trip planned home. And I for one can not wait to get home. OK WELL OK THERE IS ONE PROBLEM, NO HOUSE!
We do have the camper but now there are a few small problems with that as well. SO I have been looking on-line at Drive able RV's. and have seen some that are oh so very nice but oh so way out of my reach. Then of course the ones that I could buy are so ummm the only word I can think of here to use is junky. or as bad as the one I have now with problems galore.
I'm still trying to get hubby to make up his mind on this should we sell the farm or not.
So let me start sorta at the beginning.
It all started when we were living in South Dakota.
Our house was an older house but in pretty good condition with just a small problem with a leak in the roof. Well hubby re-roofed it and we had no problems.
THEN:
I got the call about my dad. He had a heart attack and the doctors didn't think it look good. So I made arraignments for the grand kids who were in school out there to stay with some teachers till grandpa came back home as he was driving over the road. And I took off and came back to Minnesota to see my dad.
Well he was home and weak but they needed some one to stay with him 24 hrs. Well hubby brought the kids here to Minnesota to their mom and he came up to my dad's. We talked it over with my sister and her husband and my dad and it was decided I would stay dad would pay hubby his wages so he could stay home and boys finish out the school year then he come live with me and dad.
It was settled!
All was a go till after hubby moved in with me and dad. Then he went home one weekend to get some of our clothes and came back and said we have a leak again. Well he was going to go back during the next week because it was suppose to be slow at his trucking company and he was gonna fix the roof again. But they got busy. By the time he got back it was raining daily and he fixed the roof but it wasnt as good a job as he wanted. SO after 4 years of NOT getting home at all. when we went back what a big surprise we had. Hole in dining room where roof caved in.
This is fan in dining room. It looks like we had a fire. But its water.


here we are tearing the back part of house down. We took out the back porch where the washer, dryer and water heater were plus my extra shelves for can goods and the back room that we used for computer room. this opening you see here is going into kitchen. It isnt torn down yet but it has to go as well as bathroom dining room and small bedroom which is room Mr Gab and I slept in. Well except now I'm thinking just tear it all down and build a whole new house. and put a basement under even if I cant get down it (it will be there if there is a bad storm and I have to get down one way or another.)
Thus reason for selling farm. 
But Mr Gab really doesnt want to sell the farm either. and in a sense neither do I. I begged my dad not to sell it and to give it to me because I love that farm. I'd rather be there than any play on earth (well maybe not the Bahama's)
BUT.....Mr Gab is already 62 (till June) and I'm 59 (till July) and this farm is 18 miles from a town and the closest neighbor is a mile in any direction. So is it a good idea for us to be out there? OR should be rebuild in town and stay there? Very good questions and things we really need to think about. That is why May has to hurry up!
Either way if we live in South Dakota in Summer and drive to somewhere warm during the winter months till we no longer can drive or maybe just sell it all and move south now I don't know for sure but we gotta figure it out.

No comments: