Tuesday, August 03, 2010

So much has been going on

That I really dont know where to start. So lets just start at what I last remember.
About 3 weeks ago, hubby decieded he was going to change jobs. So he went to Walbon's to see if they had any work. They said yes, this was their busiest season. And they were so short on drivers. So he had drug test done again he didnt need a physical because it was just a year ago that he had one done and that was still good. So Mr Gab. put in his two week notice at Holiday and got ready to drive. His last day aat Holiday was a morning shift 6:30am to 2:30pm. So he wouldnt be tired the next day for his new driving job. We were sitting down to dinner when phone rang. It was Walbon's and the job that was set up for the next day had been canceled and they didnt have any thing else for him. so here he sits day after day searching for another trucking job. We did have a friend who owns his own firm call him to take a weekend job for him so he could have a weekend off. Mr Gab took the job. Thing is with him not working I have no insurance for my meds. AND OMG ARE THEY EXPENSIVE. So I pray every day for him to find something.

Then in the mix......My cousin whom I haven't been getting along with her daughter who was 25 and just had a baby and just got married, got sick. She went into the hospital complaining about a headache. So they gave her meds for migraine, but they were talking about doing a spinal tap. But she started to feel better after they gave her the meds so they sent her home thinking she had a migraine.(our family suffers from migraines) Next day she went back in sicker yet. they were going to fly her to another hospital for better care but she was too sick for the flight.
Then the worse possible thing happened she died. 25 years old. BRAND NEW BABY BRAND NEW HUBBY. and she was gone. They did the autopsy and found she did have spinal meningitis. OMG! SERIOUS?
I didnt go to the funeral even though I ask my cousin if she would be upset if I was there. I was so tired from staying up the night before caring for the grandkids. I fell asleep and missed it.
So all in all it has been busy here. I come and read blogs I sometimes leave a message and some times either laugh or cry to myself. The simplest things, be them funny or not I end up crying. Life just doesn't seem fair.

And once again we are facing loosing this house. They did the remodifcation only to keep the amount of the loan at 1,400.00. which is what we told them to begin with he couldnt afford. So because they didnt drop the amount we are again today 4 months behind. They promised all good things lower amount lower intrest and they didnt follow through. it all stayed the same. what kind of help was that? oh yes they were gonna save our house for us, yep they were. righttttttt! So in the middle of all this jumble we are trying to find money to move back to South Dakota. The reason we will go back there is when we bought that house in 1999 we used all of Mr Gab's 401k money to pay for that house out right. We were keeping this house and renting it so that we could have extra money. After all this is the 1st house we bought when we were first married. So we figured we would live in South Dakota and rent out this house and yeah all would be good.
But you know what happened right? no ok let me tell you. We moved out there because I've always loved South Dakota my dad grew up there and we have a family farm. Dad left me part of the farm so I wanted to be out there. But that house was in no shape to live in so we bought a house in town. We thought we would get a house in town live there in the winters and in the summer we would live in our trailer. it worked out fine. Then in 2004 dad had a heart attack and I came back here to care for him. I moved in with dad in Feb. In may on mother's day I gotta call from the police here in Bloomington telling me to bring a camera. My renters wrecked this house. it was a mess. no doors some of the windows were broken and couldnt close. Oooooohhhh it was awful. When dad and I had a falling out about why I was there careing for him we moved back down here to this house and been here ever since. We have since been slowly fixing this house to try to sell this time then of course the housing market dropped. UGH when it rains it pours!
So there you go....all the stuff thats been going on since I posted my new hair doo.


GrumpyRN said...

Oh dear, you have not had your troubles to seek have you?
I hope everything gets better for you and your family.

VE said...

See...I eventually make it over here. Wow, that's just a whole mess of no good. Sorry to hear about all of that. I'll call Obama and it get all straightened out right now... ;)