Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Oh my I lost a whole day

warning very graphic. If to much information bothers you don't read skip down to where I go to ER.

Ok so it all started Monday when I had to start prepping for my colonoscopy. You know this is the day you start by all liquid diet and drinking that horrible stuff? Ok so I start with the first stuff and I was doing ok till I got about half drank then all of a sudden it started to come back up. It says in their little brochure that if you feel like puking stop for 15-30 mins rinse out your mouth with water and start again. After 30 minutes I took another drink and didn't even hardly get it swallowed and was off and running. SO I figured that because all I had was water coming out the other end so I figured I didn't need to finish this as it was just coming back up any ways. The next step was to drink this other stuff 4 hrs before test. Well I was scheduled to go in at 6:45am Tues morning which meant that I needed to get up around 2:30am to drink this stuff. SO I set my alarm as Mr Gab had to work the over night shift again. I get up at 2:30 and start to drink this stuff. I got an instant headache. I drank it then went back to bed only to jump up about 15 mins later to rush to the bathroom to puke that crap up. I just hoped and prayed enough was in my system that they could still do the test. I got back up at 5am took my shower got dressed and waited For Mr Gab to get ready to take me. We got over there and I checked in telling her about bringing everything back up and she said to tell the nurse when they took me back. I went to sit down to wait and next thing I knew I was in their bathroom puking. OMG is this ever gonna quit!? The nurse finally came and got me put me in a room and asked me all kinds of questions. I answered then told her about me not keeping the stuff down and that I had a bad headache. She thought the procedure could still be done. SO they took me back. During the procedure they kept telling me to look. I tried to watch as much as possible but I kept falling asleep. Finally I was done and she pronounced me A-OK. I didn't need to come back for 5 years.
I got home and slept some around noon I woke up enough to eat a bowl of cereal and take my regular pills, I still had a bad headache so I took the new pill that the doctor wanted me to try. Well that didn't last long almost as soon as I took it I was back in bathroom puking again! About 1:30pm I texted daughter and told her to come get me and take me to the ER.

We got to the ER around 2:30 and I had to wait almost 2 hours in waiting room. When they finally came in to see me they got all information of what I did that day and the doctor said yes the colonoscopy can throw your system off and cause a headache, and because I suffer from Migraines that just made it worse. So they said they would set me up with same 4 combination as last time. I waited another 50 mins before they got to me to give me drugs then almost another 2 hours before I got let go to go home. I left the hospital somewhere after 7pm. Poor Mr Gab was trying to get sleep to go to work last night. and here he had to watch the boys. Well all except the baby. Daughter had him with. He did ok till about the last 2 hours then he got really loud and cranky. But by then I was pretty out of it.

Today I just couldn't seem to wake up. I tried to get up several times but my eyes were so heavy that I just fell back to sleep. I don't remember waking up oldest grandson and asking him to feed the cats for me. I barely remember daughter dropping off youngest two boys. And I don't even have a clue when Mr Gab took second oldest grandson to school and did he leave youngest two with me? Good question cause I don't know.

Now tonight I was talking to cousin to learn another cousin had passed away tonight at about 7pm Calif time. I hardly know him but yet it hit like a ton of bricks, and I cried. Another family member passed because of cancer.

Ive known for years that our family has a long history of cancer and that it runs highly Strong in our family which is why I get the colonoscopy done when needed and I do pretty much do the mammograms because I know these are the main two for most of the family! I try to stay one step ahead if possible. Cause if I'm gonna get it I want to know asap so hopefully they can do something about it before it gets too bad. I know though that if I'm gonna die I'm gonna die but if there is a chance of putting that off I wanna do it.

So there you have it. I have one more test and thats just a sleep test to see if I have sleep apnea.
So good news is so far all my tests have come back normal. Whew load off my chest!

1 comment:

G-Man said...


I hate puke, and all talk of puke!

But I hope you are OK.....G